MECOOL KT1 DVB S/S2 is a total mess full of bugs.
Purchases the MECOOL KT1 S/S2 for the dual use of satellite viewing and Android TV capabilities. The satellite section of this unit is unusable. I will return the unit for a full refund.
1. In the motor settings. You are supposed to enter the longitude and latitude, North or South, East or West for each satellite selected. That is absurd and redundant. My location does not change when I select other satellites. I have a GTMEDIA V9 Super and I enter my North and West Longitude and Latitude once for my location. It is irrelevant what satellites I select, my location does not change.
2. My location is North and West since I am in North America, but the unit does not move my dish to the proper co-ordinates with that Location and Hemisphere. I have to enter West and South for the dish to move to the proper co-ordinates (like I'm in South America, but I am in Canada.) I had to also work around with Mecool KIII and K7, but for those units, I had to put South and East with my longitude and latitude, like I was in Australia, but I am in Canada, but those units, despite the bugs were still usable.
3.After entering West and South in Motor Setting and scanning, getting channels, going to other satellites to do the same, each Satellite in the list reverts back to East from West, so when there was a signal while scanning, there is no signal when you go back to a satellite. You have to change back to West, Goto Reference and Goto Position to get the signal back.
4. The Blind scan does not work. I have to laboriously enter transponder information from known transponders gotten from units that have Blind scanning working. FTA for channel type does not work, you get nothing. Select ALL and you get FTA.
5. If all satellites are active, the channels on the present satellite work, but as soon as you select a channel on a different satellite, you get "No Signal". I look at the dish outside after I selected a channel on a different satellite and it's totally to the East of where it should be, KT1 DVB S/S2 is lost. To view channels using DVB S/S2, I have to disable the motor and view just one satellite after I used my GTMEDIA V9 Super to locate the satellite. This KT1 DVB S/S2 is totally unusable. It has Android TV with the ability to view channels on just one satellite while the dish motor is off.
6. DVB Recordings and Schedules. I go to Recordings and it says "There are no recordings scheduled yet. You can schedule recordings from the Program Guide". I go to the Program Guide and there is no capability to schedule anything. With Mecool KIII and K7, there is a Timer list that you can use to record channels daily at specific times. KIII has a PVR button on the remote to view the recorded list. K7 omitted that feature. KT1 has no Timer feature and the scheduling does not work. Mecool KIII and K7 Satellite receivers were buggy but still usable. Four or 5 years down the line from KIII and the bugs get so bad the unit becomes unusable and features dwindle.
7. There are more bugs in this unit than I have time and patience to list.
8. The DVB S/S2 management and development team should be fired for cluelessness and incompetance.
9. Mecool should be ashamed for putting into production, promoting and selling such a unit that just simply does not work as advertised. Do you not have a quality assurance division? I guess not.